TIDES: A walking SCORE for a 2 channel video installation in 3 movements
- Walk the perimeter of San Francisco Bay in day-long sections.
- Stay below 5 meters in elevation (the height of storm surges in coming years).
- Observe that everything you pass is almost certain to flood under the better case climate change scenarios.
- Take a still or 1 minute time lapse video at least 4 times per hour that shows either where you have walked from or where you are going to walk to.
- Continuously log your elevation, location and the tidal phase.
- Walk until night fall.
- Reflect on the scale of loss and change in the journey home
Repeat until San Francisco Bay is circumnavigated or the project is complete.